|Generic Name||Calcium Carbonate|
|Company||Acme Laboratories Ltd.|
Drug Package Details
|Price per pack||৳ 348.78|
|Cost per pack||৳ 306.93|
|Package unit||10 tabs strip|
|Price per unit||৳ 3.49|
|Cost per unit||৳ 3.07|
Calcium carbonate is an inorganic carbon which has a basic nature. It can neutralize the excess acid produced in the stomach. It can also be used as calcium supplement.
- 2 chewable tablets per day, preferably one each morning and evening, for dietary deficiency and as an adjuvant in osteoporosis therapy.
- The dose should be adjusted for the individual patient and is depending on the serum phosphate level for usage in binding phosphate in the therapy of renal failure in patients on renal dialysis.
- The tablets should be chewed rather than ingested whole, and taken just before, during, or after a meal.
- Patients with mild to severe renal failure or mild hypercalciuria need to be closely monitored. Patients with mild to moderate renal failure or mild hypercalciuria should have their plasma calcium levels and urinary calcium excretion checked on a regular basis.
- Calcium excretion in the urine should also be measured. Urinary calcium excretion should be assessed in patients with a history of renal stones to rule out hypercalciuria.
- Long-term medication should be monitored for serum and urine calcium levels, as well as kidney function, and treatment should be reduced or stopped if urinary calcium reaches 7.5mmol/24 hours.
- Calcium and vitamin D supplements from other sources should be factored in.
- This medicine should not be used by people who have a rare inherited condition with fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption, or sucrase-isomaltase insufficiency.
Contraindicated in patients hypersensitive to any component of the medicine.
There's no contraindications of the drug in terms of food and drinks.