|Company||Amulet Pharmaceuticals Ltd.|
Drug Package Details
|Price per pack||৳ 361.20|
|Cost per pack||৳ 317.86|
|Package unit||4 caps strip|
|Price per unit||৳ 30.10|
|Cost per unit||৳ 26.49|
Cefixime is a broad-spectrum parenteral cephalosporin antibiotic of the third generation. It has strong bactericidal properties against both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria.
Cefixime is indicated for the following infections causes by susceptible strains-
- Lower respiratory tract infections
- Acute Bacterial Otitis Media
- Skin and skin structure infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Bacterial Septicemia
- Bone and joint infections
- Prevention of postoperative infections
- Perioperative prophylaxis of infections associated with surgery
- Lyme disease
Cefixime is available as tablets, capsule and powder for suspension.
Adults and Children over 10 Years or weighing more than 50 kg: The recommended adult dosage is 200-400 mg daily according to the severity of infection, given either as a single dose or in two divided doses.
Suprax can be used even if your kidneys aren't working properly. Patients with creatinine clearances of 20 ml/min or higher can receive the usual dose and schedule. It is suggested that a dose of 200 mg once daily not be exceeded in patients with a creatinine clearance of less than 20 ml/min. Patients on chronic ambulatory peritoneal dialysis or haemodialysis should take the same dose and follow the same regimen as patients with creatinine clearances less than 20 ml/min.
- Individuals having a history of gastrointestinal disorders, particularly colitis, should be prescribed with caution.
- Patients with severe renal impairment, as well as those on continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis or hemodialysis, should be given the medicine with caution. Only in severe renal failure (creatinine clearance 20 ml/min) should dosage be adjusted; in that case, a daily dose of 200 mg should not be exceeded.