|Name||Arixon IV 1 gm|
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
|Company||Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd.|
Drug Package Details
|Price per pack||৳ 190.00|
|Cost per pack||৳ 167.20|
|Package unit||1 gm combipack|
|Price per unit||৳ 190.00|
|Cost per unit||৳ 167.20|
Ceftriaxone is a broad-spectrum parenteral cephalosporin antibiotic of the third generation. It has strong bactericidal properties against both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria.
Ceftriaxone is indicated for the following infections causes by susceptible strains-
- Lower respiratory tract infections
- Acute Bacterial Otitis Media
- Skin and skin structure infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Bacterial Septicemia
- Bone and joint infections
- Prevention of postoperative infections
- Perioperative prophylaxis of infections associated with surgery
- Lyme disease
Ceftriaxone is only available as intravenous and intramuscular injection. The usual dose for adults is 1-2 gm per day.
- Hypersensitivity reaction & Anaphylactic shock may occur, in such cases immediate clinical attention is required.
- Severe cases of hemolytic anemia, including fatalities in adults and children, have been reported.
- Interaction with Calcium-containing Products: Precipitation can occur. Do not administer simultaneously with calcium-containing IV solutions.
- Patients with both hepatic and renal impairment should not received more than 2 grams of ceftriaxone per day.