|Name||Adecef DS 250|
|Dosage||Powder For Suspension|
|Company||Supreme Pharmaceuticals Ltd.|
Drug Package Details
|Strength||250 mg/5 ml|
|Price per pack||৳ 120.00|
|Cost per pack||৳ 105.60|
|Package unit||100 ml bot|
|Price per unit||৳ 120.00|
|Cost per unit||৳ 105.60|
Cephradine is a first generation cephalosporin belonging to a class of antibiotics called the beta lactams. It kills bacteria by inhibiting bacterial cell wall synthesis.
Cephradine is indicated for the following infections-
- Upper respiratory tract infections - sinusitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, laryngo-tracheo bronchitis and otitis media.
- Lower respiratory tract infections - acute and chronic bronchitis, lobar and bronchopneumonia.
- Urinary tract infections - cystitis, urethritis and pyelonephritis.
- Skin and soft tissue infections - impetigo, abscess, cellulitis, furunculosis.
Cephradine is available as capsules, powder for suspension and pediatric drops.
- Infections of the respiratory tract and skin and soft tissue - the usual dose is 250mg or 500mg four times a day, or 500mg or 1g twice a day, depending on the severity and location of the illness.
- The standard dose for urinary tract infections is 500mg four times a day or 1g twice a day. For severe or chronic infections, this may need to be increased. Complications including prostatitis and epididymitis require long-term intense treatment,
The typical dose is 25 to 50 mg/kg/day, divided into two or four equal doses. Daily doses of 75 to 100mg/kg in divided doses every 6 to 12 hours are indicated for otitis media. The maximum daily dose is 4g.
How to reconstitute powder for suspension:
- Although very rare, Hypersensitivity reactions may occur in some patients.
- Prolonged use of Cephradine may cause the overgrowth of resistant organisms like Candida sp. and Clostridium difficile.
- Patient might experience Clostridium difficile associated diarrhea with prolonged use of cephalexin.
- Taking alcohol while on treatment with cephradine can cause disulfiram like reaction.
- Patients with renal impairment may require dosage adjustment.