|Generic Name||Diclofenac Sodium|
Central Nervous System Agent
|Company||Acme Laboratories Ltd.|
Drug Package Details
|Strength||1 gm/100 gm|
|Price per pack||৳ 13.00|
|Cost per pack||৳ 11.44|
|Package unit||10 gm tube|
|Price per unit||৳ 13.00|
|Cost per unit||৳ 11.44|
Diclofenac sodium is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that exhibits anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antipyretic activities. The mechanism of action of diclofenac, like that of other NSAIDs, is not completely understood but may be related to prostaglandin synthetase inhibition.
- For the relief of osteoarthritis, the recommended dosage is 100-150 mg/day in divided doses (50 mg twice a day or thrice a day, or 75 mg twice a day).
- For the relief of rheumatoid arthritis, the recommended dosage is 150-200 mg/day in divided doses (50 mg thrice a day or four times a day, or 75 mg twice a day).
- For the relief of ankylosing spondylitis, the recommended dosage is 100-125 mg/day, administered as 25 mg four times a day, with an extra 25-mg dose at bedtime if necessary.
- Body as a Whole: fever, infection, sepsis
- Cardiovascular System: congestive heart failure, hypertension, tachycardia, syncope
- Digestive System: dry mouth, esophagitis, gastric/peptic ulcers, gastritis, gastrointestinal bleeding, glossitis, hematemesis, hepatitis, jaundice
- Hemic and Lymphatic System: ecchymosis, eosinophilia, leukopenia, melena, purpura, rectal bleeding, stomatitis, thrombocytopenia
- Metabolic and Nutritional: weight changes
- Nervous System: anxiety, asthenia, confusion, depression, dream abnormalities, drowsiness, insomnia, malaise, nervousness, paresthesia, somnolence, tremors, vertigo
- Respiratory System: asthma, dyspnea
- Skin and Appendages: alopecia, photosensitivity, sweating increased
- Special Senses: blurred vision
- Urogenital System: cystitis, dysuria, hematuria, interstitial nephritis, oliguria/polyuria, proteinuria, renal failure
- In rare cases, patients using Diclofenac sodium may develop peptic ulcers or experience gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Patients in their advanced years should be closely monitored.
- Diclofenac Sodium Gel should not be applied to the eyes or mucous membranes, and the hands should be thoroughly cleansed after application. It should not be consumed by mouth.
Contraindicated for the treatment of perioperative pain in the setting of coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery.