Topical Anti-infective Agent
UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)
Levofloxacin is a fluoroquinolone that fights against bacteria by disabling their DNA replication. It is available as tablets, oral solution, intravenous and suspension.
Levofloxacin is used to treat the following infections-
- Acute bacterial sinusitis
- Acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease including bronchitis
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Complicated skin and soft tissue infections
- Acute pyelonephritis and complicated urinary tract infections
- Inhalation Anthrax: postexposure prophylaxis and curative treatment
The usual dose of levofloxacin is 500mg & the duration can vary from 7-14 days but may increase depending upon the severity of the infection.
How to reconstitute suspension from powder:
Risk of tendinitis and tendon rupture is increased. This risk is further increased in older patients usually over 60 years of age, in patients taking corticosteroids, and in patients with kidney, heart or lung transplants.
- Known hypersensitivity to Levofloxacin or other quinolones.